About our Governing Board
All schools in England have a Governing Board which is responsible for overseeing the strategic decisions of the school. As a Board our overarching aim is to ensure that the children who attend St Luke’s Catholic Primary School are able to achieve to the best of their ability. The challenge for us as a Board is how we accomplish this by exercising our three core functions as outlined below and whilst working within the legal regulations that apply specifically to our school.
Three core functions of the Board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff, and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
As a Governing Board we are a committed team who are dedicated to raising standards and achieving better outcomes for all the children, staff and wider school community. Members of the Board have a wide range of skills, knowledge and experience with each governor bringing something vital to the team.
The Governing Board consists of different categories of governor, each appointed or elected in different ways. Our Governing Board consists of 12 governors in the across the following categories:
- 7 – Foundation Governors
- 1 – Headteacher
- 1 – Staff Governor
- 1 – Appointed Local Authority Governor
- 2 – Parent Governors
There are currently 3 Foundation Governor and 1 Parent Governor Vacancies.
The Governing Board has set the term of office for a governor at four years. The Chair and Vice-Chair of the Governing Board are elected at the first meeting of the academic year and serve a two-year term of office.
The Chair of the Governing Board is Mr. T McCaul and the Clerk to Governors is Glenys Hurst-Robson at email@example.com
Much of the work of the Governing Board is done by its committees and here at St Luke’s Catholic Primary we have the following committees:
- Finance, Staff and Premises
- Pupils, Curriculum & Standards
- Meet the Governors
- Governor’s Meeting Dates
- Structure of Full Governing Body and Committees
- The Role of the Governing Board and Committees
- Governor Attendance 2016/17
- Governor Attendance 2017/18
- Responsibilities of Foundation Governors
- Instrument of Governance