St Luke’s Catholic Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote a positive self-image in all children and to respect their individuality, providing for all pupils according to their needs
- To ensure equality of opportunity permeates the whole curriculum and ethos of the school
- In delivering the curriculum, to ensure it contains non-stereotypical images in order to overcome preconceived ideas of gender, ethnic origin, culture, disability or religion
- To include in resources; books, materials and equipment that are multicultural and non-sexist, providing positive images of all groups
- To ensure that the organisation of the school is sensitive to the needs of all
- To acknowledge the richness and diversity of British society and to help prepare children for their part in that society
- To develop a positive attitude to equal opportunity by all staff, parents, helpers, governors, children and all who participate in the school.