St Luke’s Catholic Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school community. To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote a positive self-image in all children and to respect their individuality, providing for all pupils according to their needs
- To ensure equality of opportunity permeates the whole curriculum and ethos of the school , recognising all learners are of equal value.
- To ensure the curriculum contains non-stereotypical images in order to overcome preconceived ideas of gender, ethnic origin, culture, disability or religion and recognises and respects difference .
- To foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging
- To ensure that the organisation of the school is sensitive to the needs of all
- To acknowledge the richness and diversity of British society and to help prepare children for their part in that society in aiming to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
- To develop a positive attitude to equal opportunity for and by all staff, parents, helpers, governors, children and all who participate in the school.